Saturday, February 7, 2009

Resolutions - Better Late than Never!

I'm VERY late on posting New Year's Resolutions, but I think it's important to do a little trial run and see if your goals are attainable or need to be readjusted before an actual committment is made. Here is a list I think I can manage:
1) More "me" time. I'll always put my kids' needs ahead of mine, but I want them to see that mommy has needs too. Like a bubble bath alone every now and then to shave my legs, a meal sitting down without jumping up to get someone more juice or more crackers, the occasional rights to the TV remote, writing and of course, reading adult literature.
2) Take better care of myself. Exercise on a more consistent basis. At first I thought I'd say 5 times a week, but honestly, I know there would be many weeks where that just didn't happen so if I get 3 days in a week that's better than nothing. Eat healthier and drink more water. I get dehydrated really easily yet I can go an entire day drinking little more than a cup of water.
3) Schedule quality time with each member of the family. Norah gets most of my time, I'll admit it. She's just at that age where she is into everything and only when she is taking a nap can I let my guard down. When she is taking those naps though, I intend to give the boys my undivided attention. If that means playing the Wii with Kaleb or pretending to be the pink Power Ranger for Myles, so be it. I'd also like to have a "date night" at least once a month with Josh even if all we do is watch a grown-up movie or play a board game together.
4) Don't get too involved. I have a tendency to take on the issues of everyone around me which is very stressful. I'm learning to just step back and remember that I can't fix everything. So far, this has resulted in me being much quieter than usual and I really have been calmer as a result.
5) Coupons. I'm cutting them, matching ads, trying to go for the best deals. I'm not a pro at it but I am seeing a difference of $15 or so on my grocery shopping. Hopefully with the money we save we can actually afford a vacation this year!
6) Faith. I am always working on this one. I want to take more time to read the bible, make church a priority and integrate God in our daily conversations and activities.

I could probably go on, but this is a list I know I can fulfill with a little dedication and time management. Hopefully by writing them for all to see, I will be that much more committed to it.

No comments: